In the frame of safeguarding and the transmission of the Sephardic memory, the
European Sephardic Institute has as a primary vocation to collect, centralise,
analyse and put at the disposal of everybody, written, sound and visual
documents that can witness the huge richness of the different Sephardic
communities that have participated in a large way to the culture of the
different countries for which they were integrated.
In order to do this, the European Sephardic Institute has fixed the
following goals :
- Safeguarding and conserving all elements still existing in the Sephardic
culture of Greece, Turkey, Morocco and elsewhere, as well as the Spanish and
Portuguese Judaism before 1492 / 1497 and to give them accessible to everybody
and to researchers.
- Encourage any donation of objects, pictures, books together with
any sound and video material related to this culture.
- Create a library, specialised in the field of Judaism and mainly
in the Sephardic culture.
- To install a library of pictures and video that will illustrate
more specifically the different Sephardic communities. To work, as possible
as, with television channels and research centres on the collective jewish memory.
- Create in its organisation, multiple activities that has a near
or far away connection with the Jewish world in general, and Sephardic in
- To offer everybody, universities and teachers included, a
documentation centre of research and in collaboration with the main
international Jewish organisations.
- Preserve the memory in filming and archiving on video, witnesses
of people coming from different Sephardic background.
- Copyright © sefarad.org - 1997 -